Effective June 1st, 2020
Beginning June 1, 2020, we will begin to allow clients back into our building. However, our waiting room will remain closed. We ask that you wait in your car until a staff member escorts you into the building. We will continue to offer curbside pickup for medication and food. Clients are welcome to continue to wait in their car while we provide services to their pet. Given the recently signed executive order 63, Clients will be required to wear a mask while inside Salem Animal Hospital.
• Customers over the age of 10 must wear masks that cover their mouth and nose
• People who have a hard time breathing, or another medical condition that would prohibit them from wearing a mask, are not required to wear a face-covering and they are not required to prove or explain their medical condition
IMPORTANT: Clients with Flu-like symptoms or who have COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has COVID19 are asked to reschedule any non-urgent veterinary appointments.
• We are asking any clients with flu-like symptoms or who have been in contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms such as fever, aches, and/or cough to reschedule any non-urgent veterinary appointments for a later time. If you are feeling sick for any reason and have an urgent veterinary need, please call our office at 540-380-4638 for instruction prior to coming to the office.
At Salem Animal Hospital, we are, as always, committed to providing the medical care your pet needs as well as providing a healthy and clean environment for everyone.
1. If you have an exam appointment:
Please call our office at 540-380-4638 when you arrive in the parking lot. You can also text us at 540-361-6411 when you arrive. Please include your name and your pet’s name in the text as well as make and color of your vehicle.
You will be asked if you wish to enter the building with your pet or remain in your car.
• If you wish to be present for your pet’s exam, we ask that you wait in your car until a staff member escorts you into the building.
• If you wish to remain in your car, we will connect you with a veterinary assistant and your appointment will begin via phone. After getting an initial history on your pet, our veterinary assistant will come out to your car and bring only your pet into the clinic. After completing an exam, our doctors will speak to you via phone or in the parking lot with recommendations.
Once the appointment is finished, a receptionist will take payment over the phone if using credit/debit/CareCredit and our veterinary assistant will bring your pet and any medication/food to you. If you are unable to pay with a card, an assistant will take your check/money into the hospital and bring back your change.
2. If you have a surgery (either picking up or dropping off):
Please call 540-380-4638 or text us at 540-361-6411 (please include your name and your pet’s name in the text as well as the make and color of your vehicle) and a veterinary assistant will bring the required paperwork to your car and discuss the procedure with you. Discharges will be handled over the phone and you will be provided with a written copy of the information when your pet is brought out to your car.
3. If you need to refill a prescription:
Please allow 24-48 hours for your request to be processed. Our staff will contact you via text, the PetDesk app or phone when the prescription is ready for pick up. You may pick up your pet’s medication as follows:
• When you arrive, please call our office at 540-380-4638. We will take payment as described above and someone will deliver your items to your car. If you need a prescription food, please call at least a week in advance to allow us time to order and receive your pet’s food.
• If you have a face covering, you may come into the hospital to pay for and pick up your food and medications.
Prescriptions and foods can also be requested online from our pharmacy and they will be shipped directly to your house.
4. Clients with Flu-like symptoms or who have COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has COVID19:
We are asking any clients with flu-like symptoms or who have been in contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms such as fever, aches, and/or cough to reschedule any non-urgent veterinary appointments for a later time. If you are feeling sick for any reason and have an urgent veterinary need, please call our office at 540-380-4638 for instruction prior to coming to the office.
We want to assure you that even though we are not face-to-face in exam rooms we are providing the same level of care and compassion to your pet that you have come to expect from our hospital. We also promise to remain in communication with you so that we are all actively involved as your pet’s healthcare team.
Salem Animal Hospital is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe environment for our clients and their pets as well as our staff. As always, our staff is washing/sanitizing their hands between each patient, cleaning/sanitizing our exam rooms between each pet’s visit. We will continue to sanitize our hospital throughout the day as well as clean and sanitize each night.
We have also instructed our staff to stay at home if they develop any signs of respiratory distress, fever, or cough. We ask the same of our clients during this unusual time. We are asking our staff to wear masks and to follow the CDC’s guidelines regarding personal travel and hygiene.
Please be patient with us as we learn new ways to provide the service you have come to expect from our doctors and staff. Be assured that these changes have not been made lightly and that our primary goal is to remain open and available so that your pets remain happy and healthy.
-The Doctors and Staff of Salem Animal Hospital